It’s been a while since my last post describing things to do in California… there are now only 22 days left in the californicatemeter countdown, so let’s get hands-on with the activities!
San Francisco is a major city in California, the centerpiece of the Bay Area, well-known for its liberal community, hilly terrain, Victorian architecture, scenic beauty, and summer fog.
Things to do in San Francisco
- See, walk through, take an “I’ve been there” photograph and maybe jump of… Golden Gate Bridge.
- Visit The Castro, the flagship San Francisco gayborhood, known around the world by self-identified gay and non-gay people as the unofficial ‘Capital’ of ‘Queer’ identity.
- Visit Alcatraz ($25 depending on the tour), the renouned prison a.k.a The Rock. Get tickets well in advance!
- After the visit we may have lunch in a seafood restaurant in the Fisherman’s Wharf (it’s where you take the ferry to Alcatraz Island)
- Or we may keep it out of the beaten track and have lunch in China Town. I love boba milk tea. There are also eating tours…! ($40 or $80)
- See the views from Twin Peaks. Remember the tv serial? Crazy. This Twin Peaks is not the actual location of the serial… sorry.
- Go the tourist way with the CityPass ($54); includes five attraction admission tickets and unlimited cable car rides.
- Or pay $75 for a 3 hour segway tour.
- Find a rare book in the City Lights bookstore
- Go clubbing to the South Market (SoMa).